- 100 percent of the donations collected will go to charities or Non-Profit organizations (NPO) located within or largely benefitting Coles County.
- Ours is a charitable cause and the charities/NPOs invited to our meetings count on our financial commitment when they are chosen as recipients.
- OHWWC meets quarterly and it is our hope our members attend these meetings on a regular basis and honor their financial commitment in a timely manner.
- Charitable Contribution:
- Individual membership: $100 per quarter/$400 annually
- 2 person membership: $50 per quarter /$200 annually
- 4 person membership: $25 per quarter /$100 annually
- Group members will select a group name to identify their group. They will also select a leader to speak/vote on their behalf.
- While there is no membership fee to belong to OHWWC, we do have administrative costs, in the website, brochures etc., and a suggested annual contribution of $10-$25 would be appreciated.
- Three charities/NPOs will be scheduled to make presentations during each meeting.
- A total of 10 minutes will be allotted for each presenter. Presentations will be limited to 5 minutes with an additional 5 minutes allotted for questions.
- Individual members will have one vote.
- Group members have one vote per group. Groups are responsible for coming to a consensus in selecting the charity/NPO to receive their vote.
- Individual members must be present to cast their vote. If they are unable to attend the meeting, they agree to provide their contribution to the charity/NPO selected by those present.
- At least one member of a group must be present at the meeting to cast their vote and, if no group members can attend, each group member agrees to provide their contribution to the charity/NPO selected by those present.
- Votes will be cast by secret ballot.
- In case of a tie, a second vote will be taken between the two charities/NPOs.
- Majority rules when determining the recipient of our donation.
- Once a charity/NPO has been chosen to receive our quarterly donation, they will not be eligible to make another presentation for a period of 2 years.
- Once a member or group has been chosen to present on behalf of a charity they will not be eligible to present until the next calendar year. Presenters will be drawn from the full membership list.
- Checks are to be made out directly to the charity/NPO. Cash donations are welcome.
- Circumstances occasionally prevent a member from attending the meeting. Should you be unable to attend, it is your responsibility to make arrangements to deliver your contribution to the meeting.
- If you are unable to make arrangements for another member to deliver your contribution to the meeting, it is your responsibility to deliver your contribution to one of the committee members within one week of the meeting.
- A member will be placed on the Inactive Roster after not fulfilling their financial obligation two consecutive meetings.