- To learn about the needs of our community and collaborate together to help fulfill these needs.
- 100 percent of the donations collected will go to charities or non-profit organizations (NPO) located within or largely benefitting Coles County.
- Individual membership to vote: $25-$100+ four times a year.
- While there is no membership fee to belong to OHWWC, we do have administrative costs, such as the website, brochures, etc., and a suggested annual contribution of $10 or more would be appreciated.
- Three charities/NPOs will be scheduled to make presentations during each meeting.
- A total of 10 minutes will be allotted for each presenter. Presentations will be limited to 5 minutes with an additional 5 minutes allotted for questions.
- Four meetings are held each year.
- Members will have one vote. Members must be present to cast their vote.
- Votes will be cast by secret ballot.
- In case of a tie, a second vote will be taken between the two charities/NPOs.
- Majority rules when determining the recipient of our donation.
- Once a charity/NPO has been chosen to receive our quarterly donation, they will not be eligible to make another presentation for a period of 2 years.
- Once a member has been chosen to present on behalf of a charity they will not be eligible to present until the next calendar year. Presenters will be drawn from the full membership list.
- Checks are to be made out directly to the charity/NPO. Cash donations are welcome.
- Circumstances occasionally prevent a member from attending the meeting. Should you be unable to attend, it is your responsibility to make arrangements to deliver your contribution to the meeting or selected charity.